Thursday, November 8, 2018

Making the Bad Guy

I've spent about a year contemplating the main villian for Sami's Dojo. Since I first conceived of them, I've gone through several character design ideas while her overall concept has remained the same.

It's pretty hard designing a truly scary bad guy, since it's so easy to go clichéd. Spikey teeth, pointy hair, it's just so over done. I'm working on making a character that's scary because they're not clichéd, but almost look like a normal character. Sometimes, it's hard for me to judge if something is scary or not, since I'm very into horror and so fairly immune to a lot.

I think what I've decided on is to make the character more realistic than the other characters. My husband suggested doing a look of abnormal close-ups of the character, which I think I could pull off pretty well.

I've posted some of my early character design sketches for my main bad guy on my Patreon page. Patreon is a site that allows me to offer special rewards and attention to my fans that have decided to monetarily support me. You can contribute $1 or $5 a month, if you so choose. If you don't, that's fine! I still greatly appreciate your support in reading my posts and comic!

No comments:

Post a Comment